Thursday, 6 October 2011

Book: The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson

Ok because people seem not to be able to read the bright red writing I've previously used I'm going to make this extra big...


THERE WILL BE SPOILERS.


Think that'll do? No I'm not going to put spoilers in the background colour, I've already put a massive red banner on it that should do! 


So anyway it is now a while since I've read this. This is an absolutely massive book and I was a bit apprehensive about reading it at first, not because of the size of the book but the fact that I loved the Mistborn Trilogy so much that I couldn't face the Way of Kings being a disappointment. 


It took quite a while for me to get into it, and I wasn't so keen on Kaladin's viewpoint in the start however after a while I got really into it and have loved it. I think that now Kaladin is my favourite character in the book. It reminds me of Mistborn in the way that Sanderson is able to make his characters so human and real, they feel real emotions and grow in a way that is completely believable. 


At the start I did find that I quite liked Shallan, but the more I read the more I prefered the other characters, its not that I don't like her it's just that I much prefer the other characters!