Saturday, 17 August 2013

A to Z Book Survey

Its been going around a bit and I thought I'd give it ago, it was originally created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner.


Author you’ve read the most books from:

Mine would be Darren Shan it would appear, though that doesn't surprise me in the slightest, I read all of his books when I was younger! 

Best Sequel Ever:

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, cheesy I know but that always was my favourite Harry Potter book! 

Currently Reading:

Get this...right at this moment I am not in the middle of any book!!! Mainly cause I finished Fire Country by David Estes this morning, went to work and have only just returned (and I literally work 2 minutes from home) so haven't picked up a new book yet! 

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Hmmm...I would say this was difficult but it really isn't. I drink tea, lots of it, any kind. Then again I drink lots of tea no matter what I'm doing

E-reader or Physical Book?

I can honestly say I have no preference, I read physical book, kindle books and on my android phone to.  The only thing slightly in the e-book's favour is that you can carry a library with you. 

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

Erm...well here's the thing, I never really dated in high school (secondary school as we call it over here) but I guess I've kind of gone for the secretly emotional guys who'll do anything for you...so I'm gonna go for Peeta from the Hunger Games (after all who wouldn't want to date Peeta!)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Prince of Hearts by Margaret Foxe, my review isn't posted yet but man that was a good book!

Hidden Gem Book:

Most of the books I review, I know that sounds cheesy but the majority of the books that I read and review are little known indie titles and I find myself writing again and again  about how they are hidden gems.

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Starting blogging. I'm about to lay on the cheese thick, but since I started blogging about books I've talked to some fantastic people, including authors, publicists and other bloggers, who feel as passionately about books as I do, which is a massive difference from the people I know in real life (secretly I think they would call me a geek if they knew just how much I read!)


Just Finished:

Literally finished Fire Country by David Estes today!

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Not a right lot really! I'll read almost anything, I tend to steer away from contemporary books most of the time because they just bore me slightly, and I don't read many vampire novels (but I do read some).

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Depends how technical you want to get about what counts as read...see I read three quarters of Les Miserables by Victor Hugo and gave up (I was having enough of the history of France in my France since the revolution module at uni, I didn't need to read it in fiction too!) and that is a pretty hefty book. If not then it'll likely be A Dance with Dragons from George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire.

Major book hangover because of:

The Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver...I still have so many questions!

Number of Bookcases You Own:

None...but my parents have a wall bookcase (as in literally takes up the whole wall) which I use some of, I have a pile in my wardrobe, a box in the garage and all the books on my kindle...I'm certainly not running short.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Series I've re-read a lot include the Mistborn Triology (Brandon Sanderson), A Song of Ice and Fire (George RR Martin) and Harry Potter (JK Rowling)...individual book wise, I think the prize would have to go to A Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

Preferred Place To Read:

Anywhere. I'm really not fussy. If I have a book I'm happy. 

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once." Jojen read from George RR Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire. I mean come on! How inspirational is that quote! Its even my URL! 

Reading Regret:

Not starting blogging sooner! 

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

The Chemical Gardens by Lauren DeStefano, loved the first book, Wither, but haven't got round to the second. Same goes for the Study Series by Maria V Synder, loved Poison Study and even already downloaded Magic Study, just haven't read it yet! 

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

The Butterfly Lion by Micheal Morpurgo, The Final Empire (Mistborn 1) by Brandon Sanderson and Paris Revealed: The Secret Life of a City by Stephen Clarke (he is incrediably funny and having lived there I appreciated the book a lot.)

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

A Song of Ice and Fire by George RR Martin (can you not tell?), just about anything dystopian. Oh you know what lets not lie. I'm a fan girl for books in general and I will not apologise for it one little bit.

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Oh who knows! So many...

Worst Bookish Habit:

Reading when I should be doing other things...like working...

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

Divergent by Veronica Roth (I used the first collection I came to on my kindle which happened to be the 'Dystopian, apocalyptic and speculative' one. 

Your latest book purchase:

Dance of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin, so excited to read it!

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The Rising Wind by Ken Floro III, my review was published as part of a book tour this week, but it was action packed and I couldn't go to sleep without knowing whether the characters were safe or not!