Tuesday, 17 September 2013

The Liebster Award

Yesterday I was lucky enough to be nominated for the Liester Award, by both +Luna Lablue and +Illyanna Fox, so a big thank you to them!

The award works by me answering Luna and Illyana's questions and then nominating 5 bloggers and asking them a set of 11 questions of my own! So here we go!

The rules are as following: 
1. Each nominee should answer the 11 questions by the tagger.
2. Choose five bloggers with under 200 followers to pass this award to link them in your post.
3. Create 11 new questions for your chosen bloggers.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the nomination.
5. No tag backs.


Illyana's Questions

1.  Why do you blog?
Many reasons, I started to blog because I needed something to focus on, now its more about enjoying it, having fun and talking to new people! 

2 . What do you hate most about blogging?
The addictiveness!

3.  What do you like to do in your free time?
Free time??? What is this concept? Well as well as running this blog, and co-running Blogging for Bloggers, I read (obviously this being a book review blog!), I work at a pub, run a Brownie Pack with a friend, oh and I'm a student. 

4.  Cake or ice-cream?
Depends what kind of cake really! 

5.  Dog or cat person?
Oh dog definitely! My puppy is around here somewhere !

6.  Favourite book/author?
I refuse to answer that question, not because I don't want to, literally because I can't, I like too many books and authors. At the moment though I am absolutely loving the Crimson Series by Amos Cassidy, I hosted them for the Indie-Credible Tour

7.  Favourite movie?
Tangled. Yes the Disney film about Rapunzel, Tangled. I love that film, it is my happy place. 

8.  Favourite guilty junk food?
Kettle's sweet chilli crisps, those things are amazing 

9. What country would you like to most visit?
Where to start! Well I want to visit every inhabited continent (I've done 3 already - Europe, Africa and North America - well I live in Europe) so lets go for India, New Zealand and Brazil.

10. Your opinion on The Immortal Instrument movie verses the book.
I've only read the first book, which I enjoyed, but haven't seen the film so I can't really give an opinion.

11. Your opinion on The Twilight movies verses the books.
The books were better, but not by a lot. There are much much better stories out there. 

Luna's Questions

1. Do you have any pets?
My family has a 10 month old Cavalier King Charles puppy called Benji. He likes to sit on me when I'm trying to do other things. 

2. Why did you choose that blog name?
I was trying to come up with a good name, and then I started thinking about the journey that you go on when you read a book, and somewhere along those lines the name trips down imagination road was born. 

3. If you could follow one person around, without them knowing, who would it be? 
George RR Martin, to make sure he was actually working on the Winds of Winter. 

4. Do you think Pluto should still be a planet? 
Oh Luna, you don't know what you've just let yourself in for. The human answer is: Yes, why change the rhyme. 

The 'I have a GCSE in Astronomy answer' is; Well the reason it was demoted was because its moon, Sharon, is almost as big as Pluto, and therefore it could not be a planet-moon relationship, rather it is more of a binary planet system (two planets that orbit one another), so the obvious thing to do was to demote Pluto or promote Sharon, or give them a name that encompasses them both. 

It should still be a planet I think.

5. What is your favorite way to catch up on news? 
I read French news sites, that way I keep my French on top too. 

6. What is your favorite website?
Other than my own you mean! Probably Goodreads, I think I use that more than I use facebook now! 

7. If you could only follow one blog, which one would it be? 
It would be a blog that shared other bloggers blog posts (probably cheating I know!) 

8. What is your favorite Christmas movie?
Love Actually hands down. 

9. Dr. Seuss or Shel Silverstein?
Dr. Seus
 
10. Who is your favorite person?
My little brother, he is adorable and clever! 

11. What is your favorite Doctor Who episode? 
The ones with the gas mask children, or the original weeping angels, they were clever episodes! 

My Nominees 


My Questions

  1. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
  2. Favourite children's book? 
  3. What do you do as a job/what do you study? 
  4. Sum up your blog in 5 words! 
  5. What would be the perfect meal?
  6. Where's the furthest you've ever been from home?
  7. Can you speak a foreign language?
  8. Which is best; book or film?
  9. What is your favourite song at the moment? 
  10. Tell a joke. 
  11. Who would you invite to a dinner party? (Can be a celebrity, fictional character etc.)