Saturday, 21 December 2013

Blog Tour: The League of Skull & Bones by M J Fletcher

I received a copy of The League of Skull & Bones in exchange for my review.

Jessica Grimm is scarred by her past, and is controlled by the need to find a device which will save her from the artifact which is slowly killing her. But her life is full of twists and turns and Jess doesn't know who she can trust, even with the handsome men that are hanging around her. And she certainly can't trust the League, even after they have accepted her into their folds. Not to mention that Jess has to overcome her nightmares and her insecurities in order to discover who is hunting her and why!

I must say, it is ridiculously refreshing to have a strong female character who has a weakness. Not a bad weakness as such, but Jess is scarred by her past and her nightmares, which is in complete contrast to her outer strength and capabilities. Saying that, loved Jess' strength as a character, after all I love to read about strong female leads!

My problem with writing a review for this book is that I really don't want to give anything away, and that is basically really restricting what I can actually talk about! I loved the twists and turns that happened throughout the book, can't say that I was expecting many of them! And the action, I haven't read a book with quite so many action scenes in quite a while, and I enjoyed them!

Something else I found really interesting was the way in which Jess' character developed. Unlike most lead characters, the defining events of her life on her character happened before the start of the book (and I would really like to see a prequel telling about some of those!) and I'm not sure that I have ever come across another book that has done this. I also have to admit to being surprised that it worked! But thankfully it did. I really enjoyed this book! Well worth the read!




Date Published: 10/15/2013
New Adult Paranormal / Steampunk

Jess Grimm has the ability to travel to any dimension in the multiverse. There’s only one problem… it’s killing her. 
Jess is in a race against time to find a device that can slow the progression of the power inside her, but she isn’t alone. Others want her power, and they don’t care how they get it, or if she is dead or alive when they do. 
The only person willing to help her is the mysterious Ronan Sparrow a member of the League of Skull & Bones, one of the very groups that want her power. But what does Ronan want in return? Can Jess trust him or will she find herself alone with enemies on all sides? 
The League of Skull & Bones, Book 1 of The Grimm Chronicles

M.J. Fletcher
MJ Fletcher was born in New Jersey and now lives by the beach with his beautiful wife and daughter. He has been writing since he first stapled pages together as a child and called them a book. He finally realized his ambitions when his comic book series Adam Zero The Last Man of Earth was published by Ronin Studios. His other comic book work includes Digital Webbing Presents and The Hero Initiative. His first novel The Doorknob Society released in 2012 was nominated for a Cybil award in the young adult category. He has continued writing the Doorknob Society Saga his rollicking steampunk adventure series as well as working on numerous other writing projects.

Facebook: /doorknobsociety
Twitter: fletch125