Monday, 31 March 2014

Book: Kissed by Kim Knox

I received a copy of Kissed from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

Bea is the Princess of a hidden city, and was born with the power to Branch, meaning that she can travel between realities. 5 days ago at her engagement party, Bea kissed her bodyguard, Turner, who she has been in love with for a long time. Just as they are caught she Branches to other parties in other realities. In her final stop she thinks that she should use some other guy to rid her mind of Turner. Spotting Aidan, she promises he can have her, so long as they don't kiss. But sometimes things aren't quite what they seem, even if you are a Princess.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

I really enjoyed Kissed, I wasn't really too sure what to expect when I started reading, but I thought that the feeling and relationship between Bea and Turner was sweet. And as was mentioned several times they danced around each other for 6 years.

There was something that I wondered about Aidan, and it turned out that my hunch was correct, however the reasoning behind it caught me completely by surprise, in a good way I might add! I like it when I'm surprised by the way things turn out in these stories!

There was a slight sci-fi feel to Kissed, with the idea of branching between realities, and though it was a romance, and the romance was sweet, I would love to see more from this city and of the branching that the characters did.

A sweet romance, with a surprise at the end and interesting sci-fi tones! Well worth a read!