Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Serial: Failed Vision by Zachary Bonelli

I received a copy of Failed Vision, episode 11 of the +Insomnium serial, in exchange for my review.

Now knowing Drogl's weakness, the trio plan to take him down, but they can't do it alone. Searching through the various wards that they previously visited, they can see the effect that Drogl's plan has had on the people of Nowhere, and even have to help out some of the people that had been against them originally. All this leads to a confrontation between Nel and Drogl, using his weakness to get through to him and to hopefully bring his Ward crashing down around him.

Link to Goodreads

I can't believe that this is the penultimate episode already! A lot seemed to happen in this episode though, making it fast paced and page turning. Though there were some moving parts of it, mainly the damage that had been done by Drogl's acts of selfishness.

Though there was also some cause for celebration, particularly at the moment where Rev seemed to fully embrace his sexuality. Its been a long road for him, and I was glad to read about him accepting it. I think that just shows the vividness that Bonelli has used to create his characters, even in the episode style format they draw you in and make you care about them, something that I doubt just anyone could pull off! The one thing I'm still hoping for is Gin and Nel's declaration  of love (I can dream right!)