Wednesday, 23 April 2014

Book: Reborn by Nicole Camden

I received a copy of Reborn from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

At 14, Lille was forced to change her identity and run from her father, a man she has never met. 14 years later, having broken off her engagment to Paul, she has moved to Florida to help her best friend, Mary, run the sex shop, The Fetish Box, that her Mum left her when she died. While there she meets Mary's business partner for a pub, Max, a broody and mysterious guy, covered in tattoos. Lille and Max seem to have an instant attraction for each other, and have no problem acting on it. And yet...they hate each other...

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

I requested Reborn from Netgalley to shake things up a bit. From the blurb I thought that it was something different from the books I normally read, but its actually not. Don't let the title of the series (The Fetish Queen) deceive you too much. Yes there is sex in the book, but actually it seems that there is much more to it than that. There wasn't anything more shocking than handcuffs in it and there is no where near as much sex as some mainstream books (such as Fifty Shades of Grey).

The characters of Lille and Max have me intrigued. I feel like we've only scratched the surface of Lille and have even less on Max, yet it is clear that they are both somewhat damaged characters. I want to know more about them, and I want to see them grow to care for each other (particularly because at the moment they seem to hate each other).

I'm intrigued to learn where the relationships in the book go, this was interesting, and definitely not the departure into something different that I thought it would be.