Thursday, 8 May 2014

Blog Tour: Throbbing Hearts by Sabrina Lacey

I received a copy of Throbbing Hearts in exchange for my review.

Brendan has just been dumped by his girlfriend Sara and decided that he would live his lofe the single way now. Meanwhile Annie has loved Brendan from afar but at a party she is left heartbroken when her best friend Corrine takes him home with her. Booking a flight to Italy, Annie decides to strike out on her own to deal with her broken heart, but something in San Francisco calls to her.


I want part 2. At first I wasn't so sure because Brendan was being a bit of a d***. Actually a lot of a d*** and because some of it was from his point of view you couldn't really escape it. BUT in a way that was a good thing. With both Brendan and Annie the author managed to capture the broken heartedness of the characters well. They both reacted differently but putting them in the real world would have still been realistic reaction.

Something else that I thought the author captured well was the one night stand. Romance authors have a real tendancy to turn a one night stand into a love story. Which was definitely not the case in Throbbing Hearts instead here you got demands and an almost different personality...Basically the anonimity of it.

I really want to know what happens next. I want Annie to be happy and Brendan to redeem himself!








Sizzling New Adult Romance
Date Published: March 19, 2014

Brendan Clark doesn't know I exist. But tonight, I'm going to change that. For the first time in four painfully long years, he's single. I've been waiting for this, my heart racing every time I see him. I finally have a chance and I'm going to take it. Tonight I will touch those kissable lips... and he'll see it, too - that we're meant for each other. If only I can stop shaking... 





Sabrina Lacey is like many women in modern times - she's been a lot of things to a lot of people. A wife, ex-wife, daughter, teacher, stand-up comedienne, wackadoo, loyal friend, fed-up bartender, fashion photographer, lazy bones, bitch, and sweetheart (though less often than bitch). She lives in way too dry Los Angeles where she wishes there was more thunderstorms. Who doesn't love a good thunderstorm...
Pour a nice glass of wine, and enjoy the ride. ;) Cheers!


Website
Facebook

TRAILER