Thursday, 3 July 2014

Book: Crushing Hearts by Sabrina Lacey

I received a copy of Crushing Hearts, book 3 of the Hearts series, in exchange for my review.

After her night with Brendan led them both to the hospital, Rebecca tells Annie that she is Brendan's girlfriend and Annie leaves heart broken. Trying to get her bar clean takes its toll on Annie, and she ends up back in hospital being told by a nurse, Maria, that Brendan has been saying her name in her sleep, she knows that she has to see him again, girlfriend or no. Meanwhile both Christiano and Rebecca are determined to get the two of them back, no matter what it takes.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

Oh my goodness I need more! Definitely need more! I thought that the first two books were good, but this one is even better! There's still a sexy element to the story, though there is also a lot more underhanded tactics going on, as well as the actually kind of simple interactions between Annie and Brendan, who quite clearly think the world of each other, but kind of don't realise how much.

Unlike with the other two books, it isn't just Annie and Brendan that have point of views, but Christiano and Rebecca as well. That was interesting because it gave an insight into how they felt about their exes. What it also did was make the whole thing much more messy, and I say that in the best possible way (just like the comment about the author capturing the awkwardness of one night stands in the first book). Life is messy, and love is especially messy...plus I can see some really underhanded stuff coming from Rebecca (and maybe from Christiano, I have my reservations about him still).

I thought that it was really easy to keep track of the time frame in the book (some chapters take place several years previously), it adds to the story, and the fact that its clearly defined really helps the reader to enjoy the story.

Basically I love this series and can't wait to see what happens next!