Wednesday, 20 August 2014

Book: Lover Unknown by Ellie Kincade

I received a copy of Lover Unknown from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

Hadley has always been curious, and even more so when an exclusive invite to Club Q lands on her work desk. As with everyone, all she knows about the club is that it will fulfill her desires, and yet no one is quite sure how that happens. Arriving on the night, Hadley finds the room full of invitees like her, and each is led to a dark room within which is another person. Never allowed to see the other person's face, nor to talk enough to identify themselves, Hadley is welcomed to a world where she can shed her inhibitions and try new things...even if she doesn't know who she is trying them with...

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

There was a fair bit of mystery in Lover Unknown, first there was what Club Q was exactly, and then there was what would happen in Club Q, then of course the who is it of the man in the room with Hadley...and the ultimate question, who was it that invited her. I thought that the mystery worked well in the sense that it built up the atmosphere which gave the plot a driving force and the atmosphere for the sexual adventure Hadley was having.

The sex itself was well written, due to the idea that it was dark there was very little description of what Hadley could see, and instead the focus was on what she was feeling. This led to a longer sex scene than would normally be expected, but somehow that seemed to charge it more. I would say that the chemistry between the characters was well written but I don't think it was chemistry per say...this wasn't about the pairing, this book was about Hadley.

I thought that the author really drew me into the world of extravagance and experience, in a way that I haven't actually found in erotica up until this point. I can't really pinpoint exactly what it was about this book that I liked so much, but there was definitely something!

Read as a part of the Summer COYER...to check out other posts and sign up click here. You can also check out my COYER Summer page on my blog to see what I've read!