Thursday, 4 September 2014

Book: Baiting the Maid of Honor by Tessa Bailey

Baiting the Maid of Honor is book 2 of the Wedding Dare Series.

Southern Belle Julie spends her time making sure other people are happy and that everything is going to plan. In one of her rare moments of weakness she runs into Reed. There's something about the sexy and troubled bad boy that Julie can't quite get out of her head. Reed can't help but have reactions to Julie that he's never had before, wanting to care for her and make sure that she's happy. While the rest of the wedding drama is going on the back and forth between Reed and Julie gets to them both and when they do end up in bed together their lives explode.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

Though this is book 2 in the Wedding Dare Series, its the last of the series that I read, and personally I thought that it was one of the best. books in the series. Though several of the biggest events are the same as in the other books I felt that some of the events had more of an explanation to them.

There was a lot of back and forth between Julie and Reed, though there was the undertone of sexual tension, the banter had me laughing at several points. Even before getting into the deeper issues that affect Reed and Julie, this grew the relationship between them and the connection felt real and valid.

The deeper issues that Reed and Julie were...bad. I can't really think of a better way of explaining it. Neither of them had had a particularly great time of it and it had made them have issues that needed overcoming. With Julie that was more Reed doing really sweet things (like cleaning up and the food, I couldn't help softening towards him), but with Reed it was how he felt and how he showed it. Also Reed was an idiot at times, mainly because he didn't want to face his feelings for Julie.

This series has been fantastic, and I can't believe I've read it all now. Though I wouldn't mind reading about the futures of the various characters!

Read as a part of the Summer COYER...to check out other posts and sign up click here. You can also check out my COYER Summer page on my blog to see what I've read!