Thursday, 6 November 2014

Blog Tour: Raven Episode 4 by Pauline Creeden

Having found Darius by working together, Raven has to finally learn to trust Jack Grant, even if that goes against everything that she thinks is right. Though trusting him might mean having to accept the strange emotions that she feels towards him. Jack Grant knows that his first goal is to get Darius home, but he can't help but watch Raven, especially when he learns that she is to be living at the palace as protector of the young baron. The threats aren't over yet though, Raven has to find out whether the Duke still poses a threat to her charge, and the Woods Witch is not yet truly dealt with, all of which makes dealing with a matter of the heart a complication.
I try and avoid incomplete serials because they mean that I have to wait to know the rest of the story, but Raven has been a story that was well worth the wait and well worth not knowing what was happening next. Even better was that there was a hint at the end of the book that there is going to be more, and I can't wait to see where that goes. Within the four serial episodes everything has been tied up and the story complete, it is simply that the characters were so well thought out and developed, and the plot was exciting and flowed well, so I can't help but want more from the series!

The main thing that I liked about the ending was the conclusion to Jack and Raven's story. It went as I had been hoping since Episode One, but the way that it came about was so in line with Raven's character that I couldn't help but feel that it was perfect. There was no cop out easy way in this case, instead the author stayed true to the character and didn't over fluff the ending with romance.

There were a few moments where I got scared for one or more of the characters, particularly one of my favourite characters (who I won't say the name of to be on the safe side!) and I really didn't know if they would survive or not. I was glad for the way that that was resolved, but at the same time think it shows the great writing ability of the author, that I hadn't known which way it would go!

At least one part of the ending was unexpected as well. I won't lie, I expected things to work out for Darius, that's the kind of book I like anyway, but I didn't expect the events that would lead to it working out. Again I love that in a book, I like being surprised and this story gave them to me!

I really enjoyed Raven, and would definitely recommend reading it, even better it is being released as one book as well! I'm also really looking forward to the next installment!

Series Thoughts: 
Raven_ebookPromo


I've been reading Chronicles of Steele: Raven as the episodes were released and found that with each wait I was getting more and more excited to read the next part. I really enjoyed reading all the episodes individually, as well as the overall story arc, which had me routing for Raven and Jack, as well as hoping that everything will turn out alright in the end. There were a fair few surprises along the way, and I loved being surprised by them.
RavenTourBannerThis is the complete Steampunk Fantasy novel – all four parts of the serial in one volume! Human life has value. The poor living in the gutter is as valuable as the rich living in a manor. The scoundrel is no less valuable than the saint. Because of this, every life a reaper takes must be redeemed. Raven has lived by this first tenet since she was trained by her father to become a reaper. But since his death, she’s been spending years redeeming the lives she’s taken. By her count, she’s even and it’s time for that life to end. If she settles down and becomes a wife, she might just feel human again. But on the way to the life she thinks she wants, the baron of New Haven asks her to complete a task which she cannot ignore… Just when Raven decides to give up on her life as an assassin, she’s pulled right back in.

Add to your Goodreads TBR PILE!

Pre-order on Amazon

  Join the ONLINE Party On Facebook Tuesday, October 28 at 8:00pm - 10:00pm Win a $10 Amazon Gift Card for inviting your friends! Add your name to the poll and tell your friends to say you sent them. Stick around for the fun and games! Join HERE

Pauline’s Newsletter Sign Up http://eepurl.com/Oe2Fn

Pauline CreedenPauline Creeden

Pauline Creeden is a horse trainer from Virginia, but writing is her therapy. In her fiction, she creates worlds that are both familiar and strange, often pulling the veil between dimensions. She becomes the main character in each of her stories, and because she has ADD, she will get bored if she pretends to be one person for too long.
Follow Pauline Creeden: Website | Facebook | Twitter