Tuesday, 11 November 2014

Book: Two Bar Mitzvahs by Kat Bastion & Stone Bastion

I received a copy of Two Bar Mitzvahs from Netgalley in exchange for my review.

Having taken their relationship to the next level, Hannah and Cade seem to struggle to find the time to spend together. Between Invitation Only, Loading Zone and Sweet Dreams, the two of them are rushed off their feet. But more than that, someone seems to be messing with them and with their businesses, and the prime suspect is Cade's ex-girlfriend, Madison. With a double Bar Mitzvah coming up for a pair of twins, it becomes apparent that Invitation Only has to work alongside Madison at the country club, pushing another wedge betwen Hannah and Cade. Can they survive, or will their trust issues break them apart.

Link to Goodreads
Link to amazon

Reasons why I love these books: The characters feel real, they have flaws and they show, the characters can be a bit weird at times, and the events do feel like they could happen. Oh don't forget the chemistry, the humour and the love between both Hannah and Cade, and the other characters. So basically; everything.

When I first thought about my review I thought that I hadn't enjoyed Two Bar Mitzvahs as much as the first two book, No Weddings and One Funeral, but then I thought about why. I thought it was because things hadn't gone all that well for Hannah and Cade, which was when I realised I had enjoyed the book as much as the other two, I was just too emotionally involved with the characters (the more I read the more I want to be Hannah). So because things hadn't gone 100% well for the couple, I felt bad.

Hannah is an amazing character, I feel like I can really relate to her, particularly because of her love of baking and her fear of commitment, but also because of the little things, like setting fire to marshmallows (which I do! It makes them so much better!) and making the snapdragons sing (which I don't do). It is the little details like that that make her so real to me, and for that I have to commend the authors who heartedly, it is difficult to get the balance between the pace and the little details about the characters, but they managed.

The relationship between Cade and Hannah had moved up a notch in this book. Whereas before there was sexual tension they weren't acting on, now there was tension that they were acting on, and it really added to their relationship. I like how it took time for them to get there, and the way that it took trust to get there, making their relationship far more believable. I also absolutely LOVED the way Cade said 'I love you', I felt that it was totally in character and wasn't sprung out of the blue.

I'm excited to see what happens next, I've fallen in love with the characters, and not just Cade and Hannah, but the rest who I don't seem to have mentioned much! This series is a definite must read, its funny, sexy and real!