Thursday, 18 December 2014

2015 Bookish Resolutions Challenge Starter Post

Because reading is better than real life

I've been so excited about the start of this challenge ever since Michelle helped me get it off the ground last week! (So much so that we may have released it earlier than we were going to!) Before going any further, just appreciate Michelle's amazing logo! I don't know how she does it!

The 2015 Bookish Resolutions Challenge (hashtag #BookishResolutions) is a personal challenge where you set yourself between 1 and 5 resolutions related to books and blogging (with 1 that doesn't have to be if you do more than one) and at the end of the year we are having a giveway! You get an entry per resolution you complete! For more information and the rules check out the kick off post that went out today on mine or Michelle's blog! 

So My Resolutions: 

  1. Listen to 4 audiobooks this year
    This may not seem like that many but I've only listened to about 20 minutes of audiobook in the past 3 years so it's actually quite a challenge (I'm more a visual person!) 
  2. Read 1 'classic' book a month
    This is ones that I've never read before, which means I can't read Dracula, Pride and Prejudice, Jane Eyre, Oliver Twist, Frankenstein, the Great Gatsby, Black Beauty and several other ones...oh Birdsong, which is actually kind of a bummer because I like that book! 
  3. Read at least 6 Netgalley books a month
    In all liklihood I'll read more anyway, but I know what I'm like so I'm going to try it like this! 
  4. Read 2 books a month that have been bought (which does include free amazon books) rather than given for a review
    I have so many books on my kindle...I need a kick to get them read!
My None-Bookish Resolution 
  1. To finish at least 1 of my writing projects 
    I've actually lost track of how many I've got going! I need to finish the sequel to the book that's being published this year, finish the one I started a few years ago, start writing the Historical Romance I've planned out...you can see where this is going...
I can't wait to see what everyone else is planning on doing for their resolutions!