Thursday, 11 December 2014

Blog Tour: Demon Royale by Jill Cooper

I received a copy of Demon Royale in exchange for my review.

Settling into her role of Paladin has taken its toll on Natalie, who has been feeling particularly ill. With her friends helping her though she is determined to rid her town of the vampires plaguing it. Meanwhile Natalie the Slayer (Dream Natalie) is getting more and more confused, and convinced that her world no longer makes sense. Both Natalies have Kenneth making an appearance in their lives, Real Natalie as a WOMP superviser, but for Dream Natalie he is so much more than that. When Natalie's world spins out of control she is determined to get it back, though sometimes thinking that is easier than the doing...

Demon Royale took me by surprise in several places! Sometimes you think that you know where something is going and then the author totally spins it around. I love it when that happens, and somewhat surprisingly it's actually quite easy to tell the difference between Dream Natalie and Real Natalie, mostly thanks to the author's small tweaks with her looks, the name (Paladin vs Slayer) and the role that certain people play in her life.

Natalie's love life was interesting...baring in mind that technically the two Natalies are the same person, I liked how the author bled the two together. Though she was with Tristain, Real Natalie still felt a pull towards Damian, whereas though Dream Natalie was trying to get over Damian (with Kenneth) she still felt jealous over Tristain with another girl. I thought that it worked well and really showed how the two characters were intertwining.

There was plenty of action in Demon Royale to get your teeth into, and I really liked the fact that Natalie wasn't great at everything without having to work at it, it made her seem much more real and believable. Though personally I wasn't such a great fan of being reminded she was 'chubby' or 'chunky' quite so much. It wasn't just Natalie that was in on the action either!

The characters all worked well together and I found myself enjoying their interactions, which I also liked because a lot of that was based on friendships as well as relationships, something that I think is forgotten in a lot of books.

I've really enjoyed Demon Royale and look forward to continueing the series.



The DreamSlayer BannershadowAs a paladin champion, it is Natalie’s job to deal with the undead with quick judgment or else run the risk of major casualties. But when evidence surfaces that some demonires don’t want to feed off humans, Natalie is faced with a moral dilemma that goes against her closest ally and the moral code of the position she holds. With human foes and demonire allies, Natalie Johnson is about to make a decision she might never be able to take back. Meanwhile a deep-seated anger threatens to destroy the principles she holds most dear. In the tradition of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Shadow contains mature themes balanced with humor and quirky situations. 

Buy on Amazon

  
Reading Order:
The Dream Slayer (perma- free) - http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Slayer-Jill-Cooper-ebook/dp/B007ZRYPV6 Demon Royale - http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Royale-Dream-Slayer-Book-ebook/dp/B009NIE3J4 The Uninvited: Novella -http://www.amazon.com/Uninvited-Paranormal-Novella-Dream-Slayer-ebook/dp/B00BIUSMOM Dawning Apocalypse - http://www.amazon.com/Dawning-Apocolypse-Dream-Slayer-Book-ebook/dp/B00IA6ZKO2 Frozen Reverie -http://www.amazon.com/Frozen-Reverie-Dream-Slayer-Book-ebook/dp/B00NDA0GZISacrifice: Novella - http://www.amazon.com/Sacrifice-Dream-Slayer-Novella-Book-ebook/dp/B00ND9FH44 Necromancer's Kiss: Novella -http://www.amazon.com/Necromancers-Kiss-Dream-Slayer-Novella-ebook/dp/B00ND9FJGUShadow - http://www.amazon.com/Shadow-Dream-Slayer-Book-ebook/dp/B00OYULQTGResolveComing Soon Fury FinaleComing Soon   

jillcooperAbout the Author:

I could write this in the third person. I could tell you what I like, where I was born, and what my favorite things are.

But instead, I'll say I don't want to write like everyone else. I don't want to craft stories you've read a thousand times before. I want my novels to be a cinematic experience, blending themes, genres, and situations unlike any you've ever read. 

I want to break the rules. I want you to break out in a cold sweat as you read my books out of fear, love, and excitement. I want my books to be an experience. When you finish, I want you to feel something. Good or bad.

If you do, then I'll have succeeded. If not, I'll keep trying. Website | Twitter | Facebook 

Follow The Tour

Jill is giving away a fabulous Fiction With Bite Tote Bag and Signed Paperback of Resolve (Book 6 in the DS Series)