Sunday, 8 March 2015

Book: Loup Garou by Mandy M Roth

Title: Loup Garou
Series: Tempting Fate (#1)
Author: Mandy M Roth
From: Review Copy
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Release Date: 8th March 2006
Challenges: Winter COYER
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Lindsey Willows went to hell and back in an attempt to weaken the mate that she didn't know she had. Now attempting to lead a quiet life with a recreation centre for children and adults alike, her life is interupted by Exavier, incrediably attractive member of the band Loup Garou, and someone that reminds Lindsey of a boy that she once knew. Lindsey life is about to get turned upside down again, and this time it might not be all bad...

Once again Mandy M Roth managed to drag me into another world, with her characters and her lore building. I can only assume that Loup Garou was set in the same world (though not the same series) as The Guardians, mainly because of the way certain creatures were talked about, plus I really like it when that happens, like a nod to each other.

I love the culture and the lore that Roth creates, right down to the small details, like Ancient Fae (the language) is a bit like French, hence the French word for werewolves being the title (I think anyway!) Honestly I think I'd have been intrigued by the title alone even if I hadn't previously read anything by the author before!

The relationship between Lindsey and Exavier was complex to say the least. It was clear from the start that there was physical attraction there, it was also clear for me that they had history together, and I did spend quite a large portion of the book wanting to yell at Lindsey and make her realise that! But it worked, and it worked well.

I also loved the fact that different species of supernatural could inter-reproduce, such as Lindsey, and her father, both of whom were part vampire. I also liked the way that these characters then adopted some of the traits that they would have had being full breed but without all of the draw backs or advantages.

Loup Garou was enjoyable, I look forward to more!