Tuesday, 24 March 2015

Book: Parker's Honor by Mandy M Roth

Title: Parker's Honor
Series: Prospect Springs Shifter (#2)
Author: Mandy M Roth
From: Review Copy
Genre: Western, Sci Fi, Romance, Dystopian, Paranormal
Release Date: 14th May 2012
Challenges: 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Lynn is haunted by the past and by the death of her family, but feels at home with Cole and Molly, her new kind of family. But with Molly returning to Prospect Springs, things are going to change, though the last thing that Lynn expects is to be drawn to the town doctor, Parker. Parker is teased for being a skirt chaser, despite the fact that he barely does at all. Yet being around Lynn does something to him and he can't help but want her for himself.

This is the second book in the Prospect Springs Shifter series, and I'm going to bring up one of the same points that I did with Blaze of Glory. I really liked how the book managed to capture a lot of different genres and tie them all together in a way that just worked. The Western style culture, alongside space travel and supernaturals doesn't necessarily sound like a recipe for success, but I found myself completely sucked back into the world.

Theoretically each book is a stand alone romance, but I would say that I think they should be read in order. There is a slight overlap between the end of Blaze of Glory and the beginning of Parker's Honor, but actually it worked more as a continuation of what happened after the events.

I loved Parker and Lynn's relationship. Even though this is a fated shifter thing (meaning I have little problem with the insta-love) they didn't quite have that. Instead they first were physically attracted to each other, and then had the moment of intellectually being attracted to each other (while Lynn was holding her own at Parker's practice and helping him out) and then came the more love like feelings. For me it worked and I liked reading the progression.

This series is definitely fun! And the books provide interesting (and short) reads!