Sunday, 29 March 2015

Book: Romancing the Recluse by Michelle M Pillow

Title: Romancing the Recluse
Series: Stop Dragon My Heart Around (#1)
Author: Michelle M Pillow
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance, Paranormal
Release Date: 26th May 2011
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Viktor has been in hiding since the woman he thought was his mate married another man, but now his time is running out. If he doesn't find his mate before his 600th birthday then he will never have children. Seeing visions of the New World he travels there, where he lays eyes on Samantha. Samantha has been lost since losing her job, but now she's seen Viktor she only has one thing on her mind; sex. But when Viktor takes things a step too far she begins to rebel against him while being unsure as to why...

Romancing the Recluse is a quick read, with some rather heated scenes between the main characters. There isn't a large cast of characters, in fact I can count three (as well as Elise but she wasn't actually present rather she was just a vague concept of a character). But actually I thought it worked well in this kind of read.

I really liked the fact that at least part of Samantha rebelled against the idea of being with Viktor. She was attracted to him and acted on that, but even while she was she realised that it wasn't normal to want to be that close, and that attracted to someone she just met. I liked that this rational reaction to a mating bond happened.

I also really liked that Viktor didn't quite fit into the modern world. Because he's locked himself away in his cave for so long, things were completely different to how he remembered, he was a little awkward about certain things, and I liked that, I think that it fit with his character.

The other character that was introduced was certainly interesting. Laurence (or Frederick, depending on whether it was Samantha or Viktor that thought about him). I liked him as a character, he did what I sometimes want to do, and talked some sense into the characters.

I enjoyed Romancing the Recluse, which isn't surprising really considering I've enjoyed the other Michelle M Pillow books I've read!