Sunday, 22 March 2015

The Sunday Post #17



Apologies

I'm really sorry for my absense from the blogosphere the past couple of weeks. Everything's just getting on top of me and everything just seems to have taken a hit. I'm hoping that I get a chance to check out people's blogs/reviews in the next couple of days cause I have really missed it!

Real Life

I'm not really sure where to start with this week. Everything's been kind of meh feeling. Well not quite everything, but most things. I think I'm in a bit of a rut with it all and can't really work out how to get out. But there were a couple of things that went well. 

Brownies! Somewhere in the past week the fun got injected back into this for me, and me and the other leader got a bit overexcited and decided to set up a fb page for Bobella, our Brownie Bear. The plan is to take photos of her doing the activities with the Brownies and keep it up to date like a blog! You can check out Bobella here.

Also at work, my boss told me what a great job I'm doing. Sounds like a really small thing, but I'm only 2 months in, and apparently he was really worried about the person I took over from leaving but now thinks he has no need to because I'm doing such a great job.

Author Stuff 

I had the very scary moment of one of my friends starting to read Awakening. She's one of the girls that I went to Uni with and caused a lot of teasing in a good way! Went a bit like this (on our group chat): 
18th March
ES: (sends photo of Kindle) About to start reading this :-) 
Me: *hides in a corner!!*
ES: Laura this is saucy! (emoticons I'll not repeat) 
C: Has Laura written erotica and just not mentioned that fact :-P lol 
EJ: Have you actually?????? 
EJ: Kinky B****
EJ: its not actually erotica is it?!
EB: Is it based on previous experience?
EJ: With (not going to reveal the who) 
EJ: You could have asked me for the video Laura?! No need to write a book (Would like to point out the video is NOT what it sounds like here)
Me: No. No. And f*** no.
So basically conversation carries on a bit like that, including one of my friends explaining that its not Fifty Shades style (despite not having read my book) and then ES picking up on when some of the scenes were a bit more explicit (but I toned it down). For the record, not aiming for erotica, but Awakening is for an adult audience!

Read This Week:
I caught up. I actually now have NO reviews scheduled at all and can only post as quick as I read again. So yeah, doing good there. This is what I mean about everything just kind of being in a rut. It feels like even my reading is. 




 Costs of the Week: 

Should have spent: 
This Week: £30.45
March: £31.50
Year to Date: £224.51
Acutally Spent: 
This Week: £3.82
March: £6.32
Year to Date: £17.37

Reviews: 

Vanilla by Megan Hart
Crashing into Love by Melissa Foster
This Time by Marie Hall
Refuge by KJ Colt
Wind Chime Café by Sophie Moss
The Playful Prince by Michelle M Pillow

Other Posts:

 Sunday Post #16

Challenge Updates

So according to my Goodreads challenge, I'm 4 books behind schedule...oops.

Because reading is better than real life
I finally finished an audio book! Yey! But on my none-bookish front, for finishing a writing project I'm doing so bad that I started a new one...oops.


2015HWLogo
I finished This Time this week, which is my first HW book for March
Goal: 48 Books (4 Books a Month) 
Read: 9 Books

Falling For YA
I read Game Play from Netgalley!
Goal: 75 Books
Read: 25 Books


Crashing into Love released this week :-) And Game Play also counts!
Goal: 31-45 Books 
Read: 13 Books

Most of my books counted this week!
Crashing into Love = 2 points
This Time = 12 points
Refuge = 2 points
The Playful Prince = 2 points
Goal: 101+ Points
Read: 56 Points