Sunday, 10 May 2015

Book: Obliterate by Autumn Grey

Title: Obliterate
Series: Havoc (#2)
Author: Autumn Grey
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance, Suspense
Release Date: 5th January 2015
Challenges: 2015 New Release Challenge, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

When Selene walked away from Remington and his son, Adrien, she thought she was doing it to keep them safe. What she hadn't considered was the effect that being apart would have on the two of them, and they soon find themselves back in each other's arms. When Remington suggests a trip to Provence, Selene agrees to go with him, neither of them quite expecting the consequences of that choice...

I can't believe it's taken me this long to read Obliterate, I feel like I've cheated myself by not reading it sooner, and Mend is likely to be read very soon (I'm having to force myself to obey my rule about not reading the same author back to back (which I do sometimes anyway) but this time I'm trying to wait. I imagine it'll help build the suspsense!

Though it has been a while since I read Havoc, I found myself quickly drawn back into the passion and the chemistry between Remington and Selene. The sex scenes between them were explosive to say the least, but there was more to it than that. The emotions between them are evolving and becoming like they would be after time. What I particularly liked about this was that they actually felt nervous about revealing it.

Adrien. I love Adrien. He's written as such a cute child, and reading the existing relationship between father and son can't help but move the reader, particularly when it becomes clear how bad a father Remington's own was. Not only that but the growing relationship between Selene and Adrien takes centre stage and that is almost as sweet. Particularly Adrien's question to her (anyone that's read the book will know the one I mean!)

So...the suspense. In Havoc there was a tension in the background, but in Obliterate it came out much more. Not just in the notes and the flowers but in the actions around them. For the most part its easy to forget there's something else going on, but then a little reference will slip in and the mystery continues. It also tied into the ending, which feels like one where you want to go 'NO not there!'.

Obliterate was a great read, I'm looking forward to reading Mend!