Monday, 18 May 2015

Book: The Seduction by Roxy Sloane

Title: The Seduction
Series: The Seduction (#1)
Author: Roxy Sloane
From: Amazon
Genre: Erotica
Release Date: 29th May 2014
Challenges: N/A
Links: Goodreads - Amazon 

Vaughn is a Seducer. He doesn't care what woman he has to seduce, whether its a cheating spouse or someone who needs showing a good time; if they pay he'll do it. Keely works as a paralegal, with ambitions to be a lawyer. When she meets Vaughn she is instantly attracted to him, and for the first time, Vaughn is truely intrigued by one of the women that he is suposed to seduce. And when Keely says no to him he becomes more determined than ever to have her.

Sometimes I go looking for a quick and sexy read, but most of the time I don't bother with proper reviews (mainly because I don't find that I have that much to say) but the Seduction is different, I felt that I needed to share my thoughts on it, particularly because I can think of a few people who would enjoy it. The Seduction is a freebie on amazon, but it has done it's job...I really want to buy the second one!

The sex scenes in The Seduction were incrediably steamy. They weren't full of love and caring, but rather obsession, passion and animalistic tendancies. It gave the story a slightly different pacing to the story than if it was more of a romance. Saying that, there were some hints of more feeling than just sex, but it was only just starting out. More like a crush than anything else.

Keely got quite a detailed background in the story and I liked having that information about her, whereas Vaughn remained a bit more of a mystery (and very full of himself). What I also liked about Keely was that she actually seemed to have some confidence. A lot of women in her position (in books) tend to be shy and retiring, but Keely had a backbone and it showed.

I enjoyed The Seduction, it was one of those erotica books that seemed to go that bit further.