Monday, 8 June 2015

Book: Remember Me by Nina Croft

Title: Remember Me
Series: Storm Lords (#1)
Author: Nina Croft
From: Review Copy
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal
Release Date: 08/06/2015
Challenges: 2015 New Release Challenge 
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

After stealing the Elixer of Life for his wife, Eleni, she is torn from Cade and he is cast out from heaven. Now a demon of the Abyss, Cade's time is running out, if he wants to stay free of Lilith then he needs to find the reincarnation of Eleni and convince her to love him in just five days. When Cade meets Phoebe, he knows that she is the one, but Phoebe has been haunted her whole life by a lost love she has no recollection of, and won't freely admit to loving anyone.

I haven't read that many books revolving around fallen angels, and if I do then they tend to be the bad guys. But Remember Me seemed to be different from the kinds of fallen angels I'd encountered before. Though Cade was most definitely a good guy, he'd been bad, though his motivation for change was left unclear until quite late in the book. This did add to some of the tension and added an air of mystery.

The insta-love in this book was certianly an interesting take. Technically Cade and Phoebe already loved each other, which made the insta-love less instant, and much less frustrating! Because the characters were already known to each other I didn't feel that there was a large amount of character development, though there was a lot of character depth (if that makes any sense!)

I'm super intrigued by the other characters in the book, as well as the events that truely led to their downfall. Remember Me definitely has me intrigued, and as I've liked every Nina Croft book I've read so far that doesn't surprise me in the least!