Sunday, 26 July 2015

Follow by JA Huss

Title: Follow
Series: Social Media (#1)
Author: JA Huss
From: Social Box Set
Genre: Erotica, Romance
Release Date: 27th August 2014
Challenges: COYER Scavenger Hunt
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Grace is a filthy tweeter, and her muse is none other than sexy movie star, Vaughn Asher. When she goes on a honeymoon won by her best friend, the last person that Grace expects to meet is the star of her fantasies, but when she does her life takes an unexpected turn. Vaughn feels a pull towards Grace, she's just his type and yet there's something more about her. He will make her submit to him, and she will enjoy it, it's all a matter of time!

Wow. I've enjoyed JA Huss' books before (Come and 321 are the two I've already read) but I think Follow was my favourite of the three of them! In some ways it reminded me a little of Fifty Shades of Grey but it felt much more real and it was much more enjoyable (I'm not a fan of Fifty Shades if I'm honest). For me Grace and Vaughn's story worked though, and it was hot!

There were definitely some very steamy sex scenes in Follow, though I didn't expect any less from Huss. There were times when the levels rocketed and I liked it. Though it isn't for everyone. The sex between them wasn't vanilla and I realise that some people aren't fans of that. There was one thing that kind of annoyed me about the scenes though; neither of them ever thought to use condoms. But that is something I can move past!

I liked that the characters were far from perfect. Vaughn was not a nice guy in some respects, but was in others, whereas Grace could be secretive and rebellious at times. Because the characters weren't black and white they did come across as more real and enjoyable to read.

I really enjoyed Follow and I'm looking forward to reading more in the series!