Saturday, 15 August 2015

Agent N6: Dylan by Joni Hahn

Title: Agent N6: Dylan
Series: The D.I.R.E Agency (#6)
Author: Joni Hahn
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance, Sci-Fi
Release Date: 31st July 2015
Challenges: COYER Scavenger Hunt Challenge, 2015 New Release Challenge, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Since being diagnosed with MS, Teague has only wanted one thing; to ensure that she can have a healthy baby. A job for Cyrus Matthison was supposed to give her a chance to fix her DNA, except that no one told her that he was in prison, or that D.I.R.E agents would intercept her. Soon to be the newest Super-Agent, Dylan doesn't trust the geneticist, yet he can't resist her either. With a mounting pressure between them, as well as on D.I.R.E to stop Cyrus, loyalties are tested.

It feels like it's been ages since I read a D.I.R.E book! (well basically since the last one came out!) and though I remembered that I enjoyed them I'd forgotten quite how much! The combination of super-hero like powers with science and romance just works for me, as well as giving something a little bit different for readers.

Though Dylan didn't trust Teague and thought she was on a different side, the heat and the passion between them just kept mounting. The relationship between them wasn't helped by Teague's reluctance to trust anyone with the secret of her illness, though they did both admit that they'd kind of fallen into a relationship with each other.

There was plenty of banter between the two leads as well as between the various D.I.R.E agents, it was clear to sense a real camaraderie between the D.I.R.E agents, but there were also growing relationships between the female counterparts. I liked seeing both sets of relationships, they worked well.

I'm excited to see what the finale has in store, and particularly what a different agent can bring to the table!