Thursday, 20 August 2015

Ravenswood: Price's Freedom by Mandy M Roth

Title: Ravenswood: Price's Freedom
Series: Kindle Worlds
Author: Mandy M Roth
From: Review Copy
Genre: Romance, Paranormal
Release Date: 14th May 2014
Challenges: COYER Scavenger Hunt 
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

A Note on Kindle Worlds: Kindle Worlds is a platform on which authors can publish fiction based on the books, TV Shows and Films all with the permission of the creator (completely legal). As far as I can tell its only available in the US which makes me feel super lucky to be able to read this! (I got a review copy).

Ravenswood is a known hotspot for activities of the Dark, but the Light just can't seem to work out exactly what is going on. With the previous Dark agent messing up, Benjamin has to step in, however he's never really felt the thrill associated with Dark deeds. Then Laura turns up. Three years ago Benjamin turned against his own people to save her, now with her back all he wants to do is claim her...

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea what the Ravenswood TV show is like, and if I hadn't already known about Kindle Worlds I wouldn't have even noticed it was based on a TV show! Ravenswood: Price's Freedom was a short read and enjoyable even without knowing the background.

Even for a short book, the world building was strong, though I did find that the characters were slightly less developed that some of Roth's other books, though that could have been because it was based on something else or it could be because of the length. I didn't feel Ravenswood: Price's Freedom was less enjoyable for this, it still provides a quick and easy read.

I think Ravenswood: Price's Freedom gives a good taste of Roth's writing, but her own worlds have that little something extra!