Friday, 4 December 2015

Bring Me Home by Cassia Leo

Title: Bring Me Home
Series: Shattered Hearts (#4)
Author: Cassia Leo
From: Netgalley
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: 6th August 2013
Challenges: 2015 Reading Assignment, 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Having discovered the existence of his daughter, rock star Chris Knight knows that he needs to do two things; he needs to see his little girl, Abigail, and he needs to win Claire back. Claire has been left confused and broken hearted, but still unsure about whether she wants to be with her first love Chris or her fixer, Adam. That is until she realises that she never stopped loving Chris, or that shared history means so much more.

Shattered Hearts is definitely a series that stayed with me. I read book one (which is now actually book 2!), Relentless, 2 years ago, and then book 2 (now book 3), Pieces of You, 18 months ago. And yet even when I picked up Bring Me Home I still knew who I thought was better for Claire even though I already knew that I was wrong (well I assumed I was.)

So this book actually did something unusual for me and that was change my mind completely about a love triangle. Which I did think have something to do with the fact that Leo managed to so well tie up everyone's stories. There was no one being left hurt too much. And yet it didn't feel overly neat (in a good way).

I was slightly surprised at how quickly some of the issues got resolved in Bring Me Home. Not in a way that they felt rushed, but its more that they weren't dragged out like some books were. I actually liked it because it left room for the characters to develop and overcome other challenges.

I really enjoyed Bring Me Home, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Abandon brings.