Sunday, 27 December 2015

Forever Ours by Cassia Leo

Title: Forever Ours
Series: Shattered Hearts (#1)
Author: Cassia Leo
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 25th March 2014
Challenges: 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points), My TBR List 
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

When 15 year old Claire moves into her new foster home with the Knights and meets future Rocker Chris, she is convinced that she is going to end up in a half-way house. But Chris is instantly drawn to Claire but knows that he has to go slow. As time passes they grow closer and closer, but they know that they have to wait until Claire turned 18 to reveal their relationship just in case she was taken to a new foster home.

Though Forever Ours is book one of Shattered Hearts it actually came out after book 2, and as such I've read it after books 2-4 as well. I liked reading it at that place because it gave me more of a background to Chris and Claire, but at the same time I already know how it ended for them.

Because for the most part of this book Claire and Chris were 15/16 it had a different tone to the other books. Though they were clearly physically attracted to each other, and acted like teenagers would in that situation, there was less focus on their physical relationship and more on the getting to know you stage, which is something that they didn't have in the other books.

Forever Ours allowed a lot of growth for Claire in particular. She had a lot of issues to get past and this really brought those out. I couldn't help but think that it just proved how strong of a character Claire is. And actually I found myself liking Chris and Claire as a couple more after reading this book.

Because I had a tie for My TBR List this month...so I opted for the easy way out and have read both...