Wednesday, 23 December 2015

Hook by Marie York

Title: Hook
Series: Las Vegas (#1)
Author: Marie York
From: Netgalley
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 16th December 2015
Challenges: 2015 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Knox is at the top of his game in the ring; the last thing he needs is to be distracted by a woman. But when his friends drag him to a strip club to celebrate his latest win, he sets eyes on Mila. Mila has had to look after her teenage sister since the death of her parents, and strips to put food on the table. She's attracted to Knox as soon as she sees him but she knows that he isn't what's good for her...though sometimes the heart doesn't follow what the head knows.

I'll admit when I saw this book on Netgalley I thought that it sounded like a good little filler romance, for that between book stage that hits at times. Boy was I wrong. I read this book from start to finish without stopping and even had to sacrifice some sleep for it. And I regret nothing.

There was good chemistry between Mila and Knox and I loved the way they were together. They managed to get that balance right between the chemistry and the more and I liked it a lot. So much so that I really want to read Jab like right now!

I also liked that there was more of a story to Hook than just the chemistry and the sex between the two leads. They've both lost and both having to come to terms with that, but even more so they were dealing with things like Mila's teenage sister.

Now the cliffhanger...that was one hell of one! I need to know what happens next because there's no way it could just end like that!