Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Precious Sacrifice by Cari Silverwood

Title: Precious Sacrifice
Series: Preyfinders (#1)
Author: Cari Silverwood
From: Amazon
Genre: Sci-fi, Space Opera, Erotic Romance
Release Date: May 2014
Challenges: 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

When Jadd makes a mistake and ends up injuring a fellow solider he is punished by becoming a Preyfinder. Once he has ascertained whether Earth women were compatible for the Hunt, the woman with which he had partly bonded will have to die. Though the thought of the orders makes Jadd uneasy he knows that he has to follow through. At least until he starts to get to know the woman in question, Brittany, then he starts questioning what the right thing to do is.

I found this an interesting read because I actually read the new companion book to this series, Cyberella, already and so kind of knew something about the world. That meant that the explanations weren't always necessary but actually they were fit into the story in such a way that they didn't really stand out.

I liked that though the bond and the premise were based on sex, the characters actually made an effort to get to know each other to some extent. It made their relationship more three dimensional which I do think was needed for the story to work well.

There was also a lot of hints of a higher story arc, again something I feel that Cyberella actually made more obvious for me as a reader. Its an interesting story arc and I do want to know where it is going...as well as where the foreshadowing at the end of Precious Sacrifice is going.

I think I preferred Cyberella, but that was a longer book and as such had more time to develop. However as a short read this was good and I did enjoy it and do want to read more in the series.