Sunday, 20 December 2015

Wrong by Jana Aston

Title: Wrong
Author: Jana Aston
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 7th October 2015
Challenges: 2015 New Release Challenge 
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Sophie has a crush. And he comes into the coffee shop she works in every Tuesday, much to the enjoyment of her friend Everly. When she goes for an appointment with a gynecologist the last person she expects to see is the man she's been fantasising about.  Despite knowing it is wrong, Luke and Sophie start to form an attachment and before they know it they can't think of anyone else...

I was really excited to read Wrong, which can sometimes backfire on me and I don't enjoy the book as much as I think I will. Luckily Wrong was not a disappointment! In fact I'd even go as far as to say that it surpassed my expectations and I loved it even more than I hoped I would!

The main thing about Wrong is that it's funny! Sophie's first person narrative leads to observations that are amusing, both in general and about the awkward parts of being a woman (waxing, gynecologist visits...it was all there!) She also had a great taste in socks. I was laughing aloud (and getting weird looks) while reading this.

At the same time as managing to be funny, the chemistry between Luke and Sophie was great. There were some scenes that I would definitely class as kinky, but I think that added to their relationship. I actually expected the story to maybe be a bit more about the sex and less about the relationship, and I enjoyed being wrong (see what I did there!) because it made it so much more enjoyable for me.

There were some really sweet moments between the two of them. I liked the Elf on the Shelf moment, as well as the collection of socks (all I'm saying!) and baking together. They just seemed so happy in those moments and there wasn't anything detracting of that.

And the ending. I didn't even realise I wanted that ending for them, but it was spot on. For both Luke and Sophie it worked well and it gave me the HEA that I craved having read the rest of the book. I would definitely recommend this, it rolls cute, sexy and funny into one, what's not to love!