Sunday, 10 January 2016

Home by JA Huss

Title: Home
Series: Social Media (#6)
Author: JA Huss
From: COYER Secret Santa (Thanks Berls!)
Genre: Romance, Erotica
Release Date: 5th November 2014
Challenges: Winter COYER 2015-2016, 2015 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon

Now Vaughn has Grace home and safe, everything should be perfect...except that it isn't. Grace is barely a shell of the woman she once was and now Vaughn is being the target of the media and he knows that his world, as well as Grace's could come crashing down around them. Can they make their relationship work or is this too much strain to put on them.

So this book made me break my own rule about not reading the same author and series back to back. I did try and refrain from picking this book up straight after Profile, but clearly I failed at that. And I don't regret it one bit. This was the perfect conclusion to a series that had me with the first installment.

After the ending of Profile I did wonder where the series could go next, after all things could have been left as they were, but I thought Huss did a great job of tying up loose ends that the reader didn't necessarily know where there. Grace didn't just recover overnight, and Vaughn hadn't paid for his past at all, and those left some unresolved issues for them.

I loved the sweet romantic gesture at the end too. It was just perfect between Grace and Vaughn, opulent and understated at the same time. I never doubted that the two of them were good together, but this just made them even more so.

I know my review hasn't actually said much, but if you haven't read this series yet then you should and I don't want to spoil anything!