Saturday, 30 July 2016

Can't Hold Back by Molly Mclain

Title: Can't Hold Back
Series: River Bend (#1.5)
Author: Molly McLain
From: Netgalley
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 6th June 2014
Challenges: 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, 2016 Blogger Shame, Summer COYER 2016, My TBR List Meme
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): To have and to hold. To trust and to obey. To take and to pleasure… Some things just don’t come up in your wedding vows. Off to their honeymoon in sexy, exotic Cabo, Dan and Maddie Hudson are finally free from the microscope of small town living. For Dan, a self-assured attorney, this means indulging in the all-consuming intimacy of marriage—especially the naked kind—wherever and whenever his new wife will have him. But CPA Maddie doesn’t want to be in charge. In fact, there’s something she craves and there’s no one she trusts more than Dan to give it to her. But will pushing the envelope sexually be too much, too soon in their marriage? The last thing she wants is to make her husband regret his vows before the honeymoon is even over. Can Dan be the man Maddie needs, now and forever? Or will her secret desires bring an early end to their happily ever after?

I don't think there's really that much to say about Can't Hold Back, it was a quick read, with plenty of heat but there's not really much more to it. That is mainly because it is an inbetween novella (but I haven't read book one fyi). I didn't mind because I knew what I was going into before I started reading! 

I liked the fact that Can't Hold Back dealt with the idea of things not going super smoothly after the wedding and the HEA! There was never any doubt that Dan and Maddy were in love, or that they'd work it out, but things weren't perfect and I think that that made the characters more real. 

There wasn't a great deal of character development, but then again that's to be expected. I did however get enough of an idea about who the characters were in the book and so it worked for me. 

This was a quick read, and the heat level was definitely high! It has kind of intrigued me about the rest of the series!