Thursday, 4 August 2016

His Fantasy Bride by Nina Croft

Title: His Fantasy Bride
Series: Things to do Before You Die (#3)
Author: Nina Croft
From: Netgalley
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 11th July 2016
Challenges: 2016 New Release Challenge, 2016 Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, Summer COYER 2016, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (12 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon 
Synopsis (from Goodreads): I can’t marry you. You don’t love me. Two sentences, that’s all Gabrielle Harper left Vito D’Ascensio when she vanished the night before their wedding. If he wants his bride back, he’s going to have to hunt her down and prove his love. But when he searches for Gabrielle, he finds Gabby instead; it seems his perfect bride is nothing but a fantasy. After six months, Gabby presumes it’s over, an episode in her life she’s totally ashamed of. But now Vito is back. He’s the one man she can never have, but as desire explodes between them, she has a tough time remembering why they shouldn’t be together. Oh, right, her family hates him, and he’s done terrible things. Or has he? But it doesn’t matter. When he finds out the truth about who she really is…he’ll never want to see her again.

If I'm completely honest I wasn't as a big a fan of His Fantasy Bride as I was the other two books in this series. I'm not completely sure of the reason why, though it could be that I didn't connect with Gabby as a character quite as much. While she had some alturistic motives, what she did because of them wasn't that good, and I don't think that the motives were explored quite enough to offset that mistake for me. 

Saying that Vito and Gabby had great chemistry, and there was no doubt that they were good together. The sex scenes were intense, like in the other books, and I never felt like it was forced between them. In fact they had some very natural moments getting caught up in the passion. 

I liked reading the relationship between Gabby and her best friend, Theresa. I thought that that did make her a bit more accessible as a character and I always like to read about female friendships. Loner women just don't seem that realistic to me (and I'm saying that as an introvert). 

This was a good series, though I do think the other two books were stronger!