Thursday, 18 August 2016

Mr Corporate by JA Huss

Title: Mr Corporate
Series: Mister (#3)
Author: JA Huss
From: ARC
Genre: Romance, Suspense
Release Date: 17th August 2016
Challenges: 2016 New Release Challenge, Summer COYER 2016, 2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (2 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon 
Synopsis (from Goodreads): Weston Conrad is the best headhunter in the business. That handsome smile goes a long way towards convincing most people to trust him with their future. I’m not most people. I’m his direct competition. And it doesn’t hurt to be just the kind of woman he’s been looking for. I’m gonna flash you these legs, Weston Conrad. I’m gonna wear low-cut shirts and micro-mini skirts. I’m gonna dazzle you with wit and conversation and kiss those lips like they’re exactly what I’ve been waiting for. So don’t hate me when you figure out my secret. You understand, right? You’re Mr. Corporate and this is just business. 

While the events of Mr Corporate, and the romance, are standalone, there is an overall story arc in the Mister series that involves all the main characters therefore I would suggest reading the series as a whole, especially because its awesome. This review should be free of spoilers for the other books. 

I went into Mr Corporate with no expectations on what would happen, mostly because you can never second guess Huss when it comes to plot! So the only thing I was expecting was that the book would be amazing, and I was right on that count! However there was a tidbit dropped for Mr Mysterious which is simultatneously exciting and an "OH" moment! 

The two main characters, Victoria and Weston, had history together, which made the first part of the book mostly about how much they loved and hated one another. Their relationship was certainly turbulant but it was clear to the reader how much they cared, even if they did have secrets. 

There were plenty of secrets in Mr Corporate and them being revealed caused a lot of twists and turns. A lot of them revealed things about the main characters themselves, but there was also some information about "that night" itself. In true Huss style the secrets and revelations went places no one expected and made the plot entertaining and intrigueing on so many levels. 

In the later parts of the book there was a lot of suspense that came from the mysteries being revealed and it was glued to the book level of suspense. I didn't want to put Mr Corporate down anyway because I've been excited to read it, but also because of everything that was going on. 

There were several side characters that were fleshed out a bit in Mr Corporate too, including Mr Mysterious, who I am now super intrigued about! We also got to see a couple of characters that were a bit younger in another Huss series, and naturally that is super exciting! (Though you don't need to have read the other series to read this one, but it is equally awesome!) 

This was a great read, not that I ever thought it wouldn't be! Each of the Mister books is so different from the others that this series will just keep being surprising!