Saturday, 5 November 2016

Cocky Romantic by Faleena Hopkins (#4 Cocker Brothers of Atlanta)

Title: Cocky Romantic
Series: Cocker Brothers of Atlanta (#4)
Author: Faleena Hopkins
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 14th October 2016
Challenges: 2016 Read the Books You Buy, 2016 New Release Challenge2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): SARAH: Love isn't in the cards for me. It's fine. I've come to terms with it. I'm a smart-ass who could lose maybe fifteen pounds if I gave a shit. You'd probably call me cute, unless I was standing next to Simone - my rockstar best friend, boss and idol. Then you'd call me only one thing...invisible. Even though she doesn't give a shit about him, she's why Jason Cocker can't see me. Not that I want him to. He and his twin brother Justin are the cockiest jerks I've ever met in my life. I don't care how talented Jason is at producing hit records. I hate his guts. Just like he hates mine. So why can't I forget how good he tastes? JASON: I'm the only brother who ever wanted to find love. Trouble is I like trophy girls - the gorgeous, spoiled bitch kind that'll never make me happy. And being with them has hardened me. My latest is a rockstar on the verge of greatness, and I'm helping her get there. But her redheaded, smart as a whip, soft around the hips, 5'2" assistant is making my life a living hell. We fight at every turn, and when one of those battles ends with someone shoving us together in a kiss, I'm stunned to find I like it way more than I should have. Sarah Daly is nothing like my normal addictions. She's not the type I usually go for, which is why my twin brother Justin would tell you she's exactly who I need.

Cocky Romantic is the fourth book in the Cocker Brothers of Atlanta, but can be read as a standalone. The previous books in the series would introduce minor characters from Cocky Romantic and would give more background on the Cocker family, but is not in itself necessary to enjoy this book. 

I'm pretty sure that Jason and Sarah are my favourite couple from this series so far (though it's a difficult one to call because they've all been so great and so different!) There was plenty of back and forth between the two lead characters and that translated to great chemistry as well as giving their relationship more depth. 

There was a fair bit of drama in Cocky Romantic, especially surrounding Jason's kind of ex/Sarah's best friend, Simone. I liked that both Jason and Sarah actually thought about how something between them would affect Simone, but they did have an undeniable attraction between them. Things weren't black and white and I think that really helped move the story along. 

I liked seeing Jason's relationship with his twin, Justin, as well. Up until now they've both been side characters and this book not only brought Jason to the forefront but his twin too. What I liked was that they were both their own (very different) characters. They still acted like twins but they owned their own personalities too. 

This series is going from strength to strength and I look forward to the other books in the series when they came out!