Friday, 11 November 2016

Fling by Jana Aston (#2.5 Wrong)

Title: Fling
Series: Wrong (#2.5)
Author: Jana Aston
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 1st November 2016
Challenges: 2016 Read the Books You Buy, 2016 New Release Challenge2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (1 point)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon
Synopsis (from Goodreads): I have a crush on my boss’ best friend. At least it’s not my brother’s best friend. Or my best friend’s brother. Or… never mind. It’s all pretty cliche. And worse? My boss’ best friend is his business partner. Which sort of makes him my boss too. Okay - it’s not sort of. It’s definite. Gabe Laurent is off limits. Totally off limits. Which is fine. I make do with my imagination. He’ll never know. Ever. Unless my work bestie passes me an eighties-style teen movie sex quiz during a meeting and I fill it out. And it ends up in Gabe’s hands…

Fling is a standalone novella from the Wrong series. While there are crossover characters between the books they can be read individually. However I did enjoy reading Fling knowing about some of the events from the previous book (Right). This review is spoiler free. 

I love Jana Aston's writing, it always leaves me with a smile on my face and Fling was no exception. There wasn't massive amount of drama in Gabe and Sandra's relaationship, but that didn't mean it was any less fun. From the start it was clear that Gabe and Sandra were attracted to one another, and as the story progressed it became clearer that there was more going on between them. 

Gabe and Sandra's chemistry was great, I could really feel that they were into each other. More than that though there was another connection between them and I found myself really buying into their relationship...plus the ending was really cute. 

I also liked that the two of them had friendships with other characters in the books, including Everly from Right, and it was great seeing how other characters thought of them. I loved getting to see that side of the characters. 

Jana Aston's Wrong series is great, and will put a smile on anyone's face!