Friday, 18 November 2016

Trust by Jana Aston (#3 Wrong)

Title: Trust
Series: Wrong (#3)
Author: Jana Aston
From: Amazon
Genre: Romance
Release Date: 8th November 2016
Challenges: 2016 Read the Books You Buy, 2016 New Release Challenge2016 Prequel & Sequel Challenge (12 points)
Links: Goodreads - Amazon 
Synopsis (from Goodreads): “Knock knock!”
“Um… Who’s there?” Yeah. That was me, on my last date. Before you feel sorry for me you should know that I was the one telling the jokes. Jokes as in plural, because I didn’t stop with just one. Of course not. Hi, I’m Chloe Scott. The most awkward single girl in the city. But I’m going to get it together. I am. I’m going to learn how to date like a grown up. I’m going to have an orgasm not given to myself. I’m going to fall in love and live happily ever after. Right after I get out of this interrogation room.

While Trust is the third book in the Wrong series, it can easily be read as a standalone. The romance and the storyline are all contained within the book. However, Aston's books are all highly enjoyable and Trust gives an update on the characters from the previous books, which is always good to have!

I loved Chloe. She was just so easy to relate to for me. She knew what she was good at and she stuck to that, and she knew what she was bad at and still tried when it came to social situations. At the same time, she had an inner strength that was hard to deny (even though she did to herself all the time) and didn't change who she was for anyone. 

Boyd was just perfect. He was the man that women really want! He was sweet and sexy, and didn't have the bad boy vibe going on. But more than that, Boyd was patient. And it was his patience with Chloe emotionally that really had me loving him as a character. 

The chemistry between the two leads was strong, and I really felt it, but I loved the slow build to their relationship. Boyd was playing the long game from the beginning; he knew what he wanted but also recognised that Chloe wasn't as ready for it as he was. The two of them didn't jump into bed with one another, but when they did it felt like the right time for them. 

I think this is my favourite book from the Wrong series! It was funny and cute and sexy all rolled into one!